Comments and complaints

Your feedback about our service is very important to us, it helps us to improve the service we provide.  We aim to work closely with you to provide your care in the way that you would like it to be done.  However, sometimes we may not get it right leading to complaints about homecare.  Gardiner’s is committed to providing the highest level of service and we want to know as soon as possible if things don’t go as expected or you are unhappy with the service that has been provided.

Complaints about HomecareHow to raise a complaint

If you have any comments or complaints about homecare please let us know as soon as possible. Most issues can be resolved by talking to your Care Manager, please call 01183347474.  Making a complaint will not adversely affect the care you receive.  All complaints are taken seriously.  They represent important feedback about our service and are treated as opportunities from which to learn and improve.

If you prefer, you may come to the office to raise the issue in person, or we can come to see you.  You may also send an email to or write to us at Gardiner’s Homecare, 10 Church Street, Caversham, Reading, RG4 8DZ.

If you wish to make a formal complaint this can be made by speaking with or writing to your Care Manager or to Krista Hallett (Registered Manager).

How we will handle your complaint

On receipt, we will acknowledge your complaint and ask you to confirm or explain the details.  If the issue is to be treated as a formal complaint, we will let you know the name of the person who will be leading the investigation.  We may need to speak with you further during the investigation.

The investigation process may take up to 2 weeks.  When the investigation is complete we will let you know the outcome of your complaint by writing a letter or sending an email to you.  We can also meet with you to go through the investigation findings and our conclusion.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can write to us and we will review our decision within 10 days.  We will write to you confirming our final position and explaining our reasons.  If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman who provides a free, independent service. Call 03000610614 or email

If we have to change any of the time scales above, we will let you know and explain why.  

Our service is registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC do not become involved in individual complaints about providers, but they are happy to receive information about services at any time. You can contact the CQC at Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4PA – Call 03000616161

Related Reading