Gardiner’s was established in 1968 by Dorothy Gardiner. In 1984 Dorothy was awarded an MBE in recognition of her services to nursing and, in particular, her outstanding contribution to fostering good standards of care in the independent nursing sector.
Nowadays we specialise in the provision of care to help support clients to live in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes.
Inspired by Dorothy and those who came before us at Gardiner's, our vision is to work as a team and make a real difference to the lives of the people we help to support.
Our experienced management team are all passionate about providing the best care to those that use our service.
We aim to:
- to provide professional, high-quality domiciliary care supporting service users to remain in their own homes safely and for as long as possible.
- to provide person-centred care, maintaining dignity and promoting independence and physical well-being.
- to embrace a positive work environment where great care is celebrated and suggestions encouraged.
- to develop the business sustainably for the benefit of staff and service users.
Gardiner’s are proud members of the Home Care Association, we really value the support, guidance and training that they offer. We comply with the Homecare Association code of practice which contains guidelines to ensure that, when supplying home care:
- the highest standards of care are provided
- the rights and welfare of clients are paramount; and
- the rights and welfare of care workers are protected.
We are also proud to be members of the Berkshire Care Association.