This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of this website throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
- YSC .youtube.com (YouTube Cookie)
- GPS .youtube.com (YouTube Cookie)
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE .youtube.com (YouTube Cookie)
- PREF .youtube.com (YouTube Cookie)
- SERVERID www.cqc.org.uk (Care Quality Commission Cookie)
- _gat .gardinershomecare.co.uk (Google Analytics Cookie)
- _gid .gardinershomecare.co.uk (Google Analytics Cookie)
- _ga .gardinershomecare.co.uk (Google Analytics Cookie)
- fr .facebook.com (Facebook Advertising Cookie)
- _hjFirstSeen (HotJar tracker)
- _hjIncludedInSessionSample (HotJar tracker)
- _hjIncludedInPageviewSample (HotJar tracker)
- _hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress (HotJar tracker)
- _hjSessionUser_2872403 (HotJar tracker)
To check the list of cookes above represents the complete and latest list you can visit https://www.cookieyes.com/cookie-scanner/
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Further, by providing telephone and email details, you consent to Gardiner’s Homecare Limited contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website uses contact forms to allow you to submit emails to us. When doing so you will need to accept a checkbox that agrees to use storing your email and information in our email servers.
Information collection and use
Gardiner’s Homecare Limited collects information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”) – When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”) – Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
Embedded content from other websites
This website uses Google Analytics to provide our analytics and reporting services so we can estimate our traffic and website performance. This requires two Google Analytics cookies. You can opt-out of Google Analytics data collection with the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. You may also wish to refer to this website for additional information about disabling cookies from your browser: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Who we share your data with
We do not share or sell your personal data to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide the products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission or if we need to comply with law enforcement authorities.
We share information with only a few third parties that include:
- Google Analytics – No personal data is shared.
- Google Search Console – No personal data is shared.
- Google Adwords – No personal data is shared.
- MailChimp – We use MailChimp to provide our email marketing services.
- Hotjar – To report on how people interact with the website.
- Facebook – We use Facebook’s advertising platform which involves us exchanging data about our visitors.
We will not share your data with anyone else unless legally obligated to do so.
How long do we keep your data for?
Gardiner’s Homecare Limited will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Gardiner’s Homecare Limited will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Gardiner’s Homecare Limited by contacting our customer services team https://gardinershomecare.co.uk/contact/. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Gardiner’s Homecare Limited regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point. To do this, please contact us https://gardinershomecare.co.uk/contact/
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us https://gardinershomecare.co.uk/contact/
Gardiner’s sends a weekly email newsletter sharing what we hope will be useful and interesting information to those who choose to subscribe. The email address of those who do subscribe will only be used so that we can send our newsletter email to them. We will not pass email addresses to any other party. People can opt-out of receiving the email newsletters at any time by either clicking the unsubscribe link which appears at the end of every automated email or by contacting Gardiner’s directly.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We ensure your data is secure at all times and processed over a secure connection. Always look for the padlock in the browser address bar to check if an SSL certificate is installed. We only load our website over https only avoiding insecure connections.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If there is a data breach we commit to abiding by the GDPR regulations for informing those affected within 72 hours.
What third parties we receive data from
We receive data from Google Analytics that helps us determine the best performing content, times of the day etc, however, we do not collect any personal or private information. Everything is anonymized and gives us a holistic view instead of data on individuals.
Use of External Links
This website may contain links to different websites. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information found at any external sites. Any information on external websites we link to cannot be considered an endorsement by us.