We hope you find this page of care resources informative. Please do make suggestions for any other areas which you feel that we should include here.
Services User care resources
Personal care is help with personal matters such as eating, drinking, washing, going to the toilet, getting up, getting dressed, going to bed, taking medicines and other things. Here are some personal care resources which you may find helpful.
- Accessible mobile temporary bathrooms
- Overnight care
- Personal care at home
- Overnight care
- Support with medication
Here are some resources that are relevant to health – what can you do to help maintain your health?
- Flu vaccine
- Good hydration
- Caring for people with Seasonal Affective Disorder or the Winter Blues
- Macular Degeneration
- The secrets to a longer life
- Home from hospital
- End of life care
Staying safe can reduce your risk of facing an accident or incident that might harm your ability to remain independent. We hope you find these resources helpful.
- Sight loss also Sight tests – why they are so important and test at home
- Hearing loss
- Home fire safety
- Emollient fire risk
- Lions Bottle messages for emergency services
- Helping people to move safely
- Cold weather advice
- Hot weather / heatwaves and how to stay safe
- Flood Safety advice
Independence at home
Detailed below are some links to resources that may help you to maintain your independence.
As we age we can become more vulnerable – what can you do to help keep yourself safe?
These resources below you may find helpful in respect of organising your finances
Dignity and Respect care resources
Community, social and other care resources
- Family Friends – group meet to talk, do light exercise, sing, play games and do crafts
- Dementia Support Groups and Services – various local dementia support groups and services
- Voting and supporting people who receive care to vote
- The Silver Line
- Talking Newspaper
- Dementia Friendly Cinema
Dementia care resources
- Make your home dementia friendly
- Caring for someone with dementia in the heat
- Virtual reality dementia experience
For further resources please look at:
If you want to find out more about our services please take a look through the links below.