The benefits of respite care are many but by far the greatest is allowing carers that break that they need. Often caring for someone is a full time occupation but even if this is not the case it can still be exhausting, frustrating and lonely. That is not to say it is not also a rewarding, positive and fulfilling experience. However the opportunity to take a break for both the person doing the caring and the person receiving care can often benefit everyone.
Common benefits of respite care are;
- Reduces stress for the carer and family – often leading to greater levels of patience
- Relieves feelings of frustration and exhaustion increasing well-being
- Allows carer time to interact with family, friends and the wider community
- Improved relationship between carer and cared for
- Allows the person receiving care valuable interaction with other people
Our family run business has been providing quality respite care for many years. This means we understand the anxiety that can be felt when entrusting a vulnerable loved one into someone’s else care. Therefore as part of our service we ensure every possible effort is made to give you piece of mind and leave you safe in the knowledge that they are in good hands.
If you would like to find out more about our respite care for the elderly please follow this link. Or if you are interested in our 24 hour home care please click here. If you would like to have an informal chat about the benefits of respite care or arrange an appointment please do get in touch.